Wednesday 2 December 2015

Experimenting with Data Bending and Glitches

All digital photographs are made up of digital data. If this data is altered, this change comes across in the image - this is known as data bending.
For this image, I used Audacity to 'bend' the data. This involved putting the data from the photograph into an audio format. I then added effects onto the audio clip such as delay, reverse, echo etc and exported it as an image.
I really like the effect it had on the leaves of the tree giving them an almost blurred or smudged effect.

This is another example of my attempt at data bending. For this image, I used 'text edit' programme to display the data of the original image in code. I then moved around, and delete small parts of the code in order to disrupt the data and create this reverse and colourful effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment